When you just added a trip and you can't find it anymore from the list of trips shown on your ‘My Trips’ tab, it’s most likely because it has been merged with one of your upcoming trips already loaded to your TripCase account. This is due to the feature ‘Trip Auto-merge’. In short, when this functionality is turned on, all your trips with overlapping dates and locations will be automatically merged.
For more information about this tool and how to disable it, you can access our FAQ article ‘What is Trip Auto-Merge?’ by clicking here.
Concerning the merged trips, you can split them into totally different trips with the ‘Split Trip’ option on the TripCase web version and ‘Edit Trip’ on your mobile application. Here are the steps:
On TripCase web version:
- First, open your merged trip and click on the ‘Split Trip’ option, at the top right side of the itinerary.
- Then, select the items that belong to the last trip imported and click on ‘New trip from selected items’.
- After that, chose the trip name and click on ‘Create Trip’.
On your mobile device:
(Please take into account that these steps can be done from either, Android or IOS operating system).
- Firstly, open your merged trip and tap on the ‘Menu’
- Afterwards, tap on ‘Edit’.
- Then, select the items that belong to the last trip imported and click on the split trip icon at the upper right corner.
- Lastly, you will be prompted to accept the split and a new trip will be created from it.